- Writing, of course
- Playing with Photoshop, drawing, being creative
- Curling up on the couch with some coffee if it's cold and Diet Coke if it's warm, and a good book
- Smallville (I know, I know. It's cheesy and predictable and filled with horrible lines and unrequited high school love. But it has some golden moments, I have some great memories associated with watching the first couple of seasons, and I do love the Man of Steel.)
- Driving PCH (Preferably without traffic... hint, hint, road construction)
- A good talk with a good girlfriend, my mom or Adam
- Ice cream. Always.
- Flowers. Also always.
- Cleaning the house. (I think this proves I have a dormant housewife inside somewhere - remember the mom on The Emperor's New Groove? "I need to clean something!")
- Tanning. Whether it's laying on the beach, at the pool, or even fake baking, acquiring skin cancer and great legs at the same time is AWESOME.
- Showers. I love showers. I think it kinda comes hand-in-hand with my soap/shampoo/smelly things fetish.
- So, I'll admit it. Trying new (expensive and smelly) soap/shampoo makes me happy.
- Hot tubs. I don't get to do this often enough. But when I do....
- Swimming in ocean/kayaking/being outside is great. I don't know if it should technically be listed as therapy, since I don't exactly finish a hard day at work and think, "I'm gonna go take a dip!" But maybe I should start. Anyway, it's all awesome and should be included in every list.
- Cooking for someone who appreciates it. (Adam)
- Shopping. I know! I'm such a girl. I... like to shop. I'm trying to come up with excuses, but I can't. I know it's pathetic and OC-ish of me. I'm sorry. But I do like it.
Friday, March 14, 2008
Therapy, Part Deux
So I've been thinking about what's therapeutic in my life, and have come up with a list of some things that make me sunshiney when I'm a tad blue. (Not really blue, blue like bummed. You probably knew that, but it is Friday, so I thought I'd clear it up, just to be sure.)